Here is the latest post by Angela and Daz Croucher to their blog A.D. Croucher! They are up-and-coming young adult authors. Check them out!
At a recent Barnes & Noble event for his beautiful and extraordinary new novel RELEASE, Patrick Ness shared some great writing insights:
- It’s always interesting hearing writers talk about writing… but ultimately, no two writers write the same way, so find the way and the process that works for you.
- Everything in writing is world-building, whether you’re writing sci-fi or contemporary YA. The things you’re writing about don’t have to be true, they just have to be convincing. You just have to create a world in which those things could logically happen.
- A book is not a song. A book is a performance of a song. It’s how you sing it that counts.
- You can write about anything in YA as long as you earn it. The only time things are harmful is if they’re cheaply handled.
- He doesn’t outline, but he usually knows the last line, and some general…
View original post 155 more words