Yesshows: Line Up Stats
[Update on October 27, 2016. You can see a catalog of my Yes posts here.]
I have developed some statistics regarding the Yes concerts I have seen (see here), specifically regarding the songs I have heard by album (here) and by number (here). As any Yes fan knows, Yes is known for it’s shifting line up. As a result, due to the number of Yes shows I have seen, I thought it would be fun to run some numbers on what Yes line ups I have seen over the years.
To see precise information on the shows I have seen (which are mentioned below) you can do so here; all of the numbers below are derived from that post and not repeated herein. I guess the easiest place to begin is to simply list the Yes musicians I have seen (with the years I have seen them in parenthesis) categorized by instrument:
- Bass Guitar (3 musicians)
- Drums (3 musicians)
- Keyboards (5 musicians plus one side musician (see below))
- Lead Vocals (3 musicians)
- Guitars (3 musicians)
- Side musicians:
What line ups have the above been formed into and when?
- Squire/White/Anderson/Rabin/Kaye/ plus Sherwood: 1 time (1994)
- Squire/White/Anderson/Howe/Khoroshev/Sherwood: 3 times (1997, 1998, 1999)
- Squire/White/Anderson/Howe/Khoroshev: 1 time (2000)
- Squire/White/Anderson/Howe, plus Brislin and Orchestra: 1 time (2001)
- Squire/White/Anderson/Howe/R. Wakeman: 4 times (2002 (2), 2004 (2))
- Squire/White/David/Howe/O. Wakeman: 5 times (2008, 2009, 2010 (2), 2011 (1st))
- Squire/White/David/Howe/Downes: 1 time (2011 (2nd))
- Squire/White/Davison/Howe/Downes: 4 times (2012, 2013 (2), 2014)
- Sherwood/White/Davison/Howe/Downes: 1 time (2015)
- Sherwood/Davison/Howe/Downes/Schellen: 1 time (2016 (1st one))
- Pomeroy/Molino/Anderson/Rabin/Wakeman (2016 (2nd one))
So, based on the above, I have seen 11 different Yes line ups thus far.
What Yes line ups have you seen?